Last Updated: November 18, 2020
Thank you for choosing Trenoza Treks. We value the privacy of your personal information and recognize that you have the right to protect and secure that data.
About This Policy
- Ensure that you understand what personal data we collect about you, the reasons why we collect and use it, and who we share it with;
- Explain the way we use the personal data that you share with us in order to give you a great experience when you are using the Services; and
- Explain your rights and choices in relation to the personal data we collect and process about you and how we will protect your privacy.
We hope this helps you to understand our privacy commitments to you.
Our Services are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Services or through any of its features, register on the Services, make any purchases through the Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Services, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
Personal Information We Collect from You
We collect information from you which, either singularly or in conjunction with other pieces of date, may be used to specifically identify you (“personal information”). The personal information we collect includes:
- IP Address
- Postal or Street Address
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Date of Birth
- Gender (where needed to pair roommates for accommodations)
- Insurance Policy Info (travel insurance is required for all participants)
- Medical/health information (all participants must complete a health form to ensure our guides are aware of medical conditions and medications)
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences (e.g. if participants prefer traveling to certain regions over others)
Information You Provide Directly Through Our Services
We and service providers working on our behalf will collect any information that you choose to provide directly through our Services. For example, such information may be collected when you:
- Register for an account or other content access.
- Register to receive an email newsletter or blog updates.
- Email, text or otherwise share content (e.g. articles, posts) provided via our Services.
- Contact us with a message.
- Make a purchase from our online store.
- Post, upload, or otherwise submit to our Services a comment, photo, or other content or user-generated material (“User Materials”).
- Participate in a survey or complete a feedback form.
- Conduct searches on our website.
We also may ask you to provide other information about yourself for various other purposes that we specify or make apparent at the time of collection.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
We, our service providers, and our vendors working on our behalf automatically collect certain information about your computer or device and your interactions with our Services through certain tracking technologies. Depending on which Services you use and how you access them, the information collected automatically may include:
- The user’s IP address.
- The search terms users enter using the Services or on a referring website.
- The user’s approximate geographic or specific geographic location information.
- The dates, times, duration, and frequency of user’s interactions with the Services.
This information helps us improve our Service and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use the Data We Collect
Here’s how and why we use the data we collect.
- To estimate your audience size and usage patterns.
- To store information about user preferences, allowing you to customize your Services according to users’ individual interests.
- To speed up users’ searches.
- To recognize users when they return to use your Services.
- To present the Services and its contents to users.
- To provide you with information, products, or services you request.
- To fulfill any other purpose you intend.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between Trenoza Treks and you, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Services or any products offered or provided to you.
- To allow users to participate in interactive features on our website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We May Disclose Your Information
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the company about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Trenoza Treks, our customers, or others.
Data Retention and User Choices
Data Retention. We keep your personal information only as long as necessary to provide you with the Trenoza Treks Services and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of the Trenoza Treks Services, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. We keep some of your personal information for as long as you are a user of the Trenoza Treks Services.
If you request, we will delete or anonymize your personal information so that it no longer identifies you, unless we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal information, including situations such as the following:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary personal information until the issue is resolved;
- Where we need to retain the personal information for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal information for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
User Choices. You can review and change your personal information by logging into your account and changing your preferences on the account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Do Not Track Signals
Some third party sites keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your web browser may allow you to set the do-not-track signal so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Links to and from Other Sites and Services
Our Services contain links to other sites, applications, platforms and services operated by third parties whose privacy policies we don’t control and may differ significantly from ours. For instance, clicking or tapping on a sponsorship credit or some third-party logos on the Trenoza Treks Services will take you to an entirely different site or service that may collect, use and share information in ways that Trenoza Treks would not. You also may access Trenoza Treks content and the Trenoza Treks Services from a third-party site or service that may collect, use and share information in ways that Trenoza Treks would not. Trenoza Treks is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these third-party services and we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the privacy policies of any such sites or services you visit or access.